We recognise the importance of protecting and maintaining your Personal Information. We appreciate that you may have concerns about your privacy and about the security, accuracy and confidentiality of your Personal Information. We are committed to providing you with the highest quality professional service whilst also protecting your privacy.
We abide by the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) established under the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth) and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) incorporating the APP (Privacy Act).
Collection of Personal Information
What types of Personal Information do we collect?
When you deal with us directly or through our Site, we may collect Personal Information from you, including but not limited to:
- your name and gender;
- your contact details, including your email address, and/or telephone number;
- your demographic information, such as your postcode;
- your preferences and/or opinions in relation to our services and products;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of products and services that we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your internet service provider (see further information below); and
- additional Personal Information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information.
How do we collect Personal Information from you?
We may collect these types of Personal Information directly from you or it may be necessary for us to collect your Personal Information from a third party. For example, we may collect your Personal Information from your personal representative or a publicly available record.
We may also collect Personal Information about you from your use of our Site and information you provide to us through contact mailboxes or through the registration process on our Site or on paper at our clinic.
We collect Personal Information by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
How dowe hold your Personal Information?
We hold Personal Information in hard copy and electronic formats.
Your Personal Information may be stored by our domain host, email provider and/or backup service provider. These entities may be located overseas.
Sensitive Information will only ever be used for providing our products or services to you. Such information will not be used or disclosed for any other purpose without your consent, except in cases where disclosure is required by law or is necessary to protect our rights, any member of the public, or to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
Use and disclosure of Personal Information
Why do we collect Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information primarily to enable to us provide clients with our products or services. We may also use Personal Information for marketing and other purposes permitted under the Privacy Act.
In particular, we may collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you; and
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
Disclosure of Personal Information to third parties
Wewill not use or disclose your Personal Information other than for the purpose for which it is primarily collected, unless you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for a secondary purpose or your consent has been obtained to use the information for additional purposes.
In particular, we may disclose Personal Information (as necessarily required) to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services to us, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for products or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you, or who collect and process data (such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses). These people may be located, or may store data, outside of Australia.
These people may have access to Personal Information that is needed to perform their specific functions as outlined above. Our contractual agreements with these people will not permit them to use that PersonalInformation for any other purpose.
By providing us with Personal Information, you consent to the disclosure of your Personal Information to those parties who may reside outside Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws, and that you may not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act against those people.
Your rights and controlling your Personal Information
Choice and consent
Information from third parties
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your Personal Information. If you have previously agreed to us using your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, you may notify us that you no longer want us to collect or use your Personal Information for that purpose at any time by contacting us using the details below.
You may request details of the Personal Information that we hold about you at any time. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act, we may refuse to provide you with Personal Information that we hold about you.
Remove or correct
Wewill take reasonable steps to ensure the Personal Information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct or delete any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date, except to the extent that information is required to be kept for legal reasons (e.g. for the proper maintenance of health and medical records)
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We take the protection of your Personal Information seriously and take reasonable steps to protect it from unauthorised access, misuse, loss and unauthorised disclosure or modification.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Personal Information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Privacy on our website
Cookies and other technologies are used by uson our Site and through email to automatically collect certain types of information. The collection of this information allows us to customise your online experience, improve the performance, usability and effectiveness of our online presence and to measure the effectiveness of our marketing activities.
Your IP address
An IP address is a number assigned to your computer whenever you access the internet. It allows computers and servers to recognise and communicate with one another. Public IP addresses from which visitors to our Site appear to originate may be recorded for IT security and system diagnostic purposes. This information may also be used in aggregate form to conduct web site trend and performance analysis.
Cookies may be placed on your computer or internet-enabled device whenever you visit our Site. This allows the Site to remember your computer or device.
Although most browsers automatically accept cookies, you can choose whether or not to accept cookies via your browser’s settings (often found in your browser’s Tools or Preferences menu). You may also delete cookies from your device at any time. However, please be aware that if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to fully experience some of our Site’s features.
Cookies by themselves do not tell us your email address or otherwise identify you personally. In our analytical reports, we may obtain other identifiers including public IP addresses, but this is for the purpose of identifying the number of unique visitors to our Site and geographic origin of visitor trends, and not to identify individual visitors.
We may collect and use the geographical location of your computer or mobile device. This location data is collected for the purpose of providing you with information regarding products or services which we believe may be of interest to you based on your geographic location, and to improve our location-based products and services.
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
OurSite may include functionality to enable sharing via third party social media applications, such as the Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. These social media applications may collect and use information regarding your use of our Site. Any Personal Information that you provide via such social media applications may be collected and used by other members of that social media application and such interactions are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide the application. We do not have control over, or responsibility for, those companies or their use of your information.
Links to other websites
If you have a complaint, we will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.